The fuel system in your Nissan vehicle keeps gas flowing to its engine. Several parts work together to produce that result. One is the fuel tank, which holds the gas. Another is the fuel pump, which draws it out and sends it to the motor. Yet others are the fuel filters, which help remove impurities and pollutants in the gas before it gets there. Finally, either a carburetor or fuel injectors; these work with the pump, oxygen sensors, and an emissions control system to regulate just how much gas ends up there.
There are various configurations of fuel systems, too. Some are in-tank pump, and these can (but sometimes don't have to) use sucking jet pumps. Others are either semi-in-tank or pump set. Unfortunately, the parts in any of them can wear out or fail eventually, often just from use and age, so it's important to monitor your fuel system regularly for problems. Luckily, there are signs to keep an eye out for, including:
- Stalling and difficult starts
- A spluttering engine
- Sudden power loss while driving uphill or towing
- Whines coming from the fuel tank
- Reduced fuel economy
- High temperature gauge readings
- Random surging (the feeling of acceleration when your vehicle isn't)
If you see such symptoms, do a fuel system inspection, and replace any parts necessary.
Our Auto Parts Store is Your Source for Genuine Nissan Fuel Systems Online -- Shop Now
What an OEM designs for its models will fit them best. It follows that what Nissan makes for your vehicle is guaranteed compatible with it. You're in luck: you can order direct from your brand right here online, at our auto parts store. Buy today and we'll ship right to your door.
- Pulsar NX,
- 7 more
No results found for "fuel, fuel system, fuel tank, fuel guage, fuel filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!